Hobie Mirage Tandem Island Kayak - 2017
A limited number of prior year models are available. Call 1-800-429-3446 for availability.
Feel the need for speed? The Tandem Island is a water rocket ride for two!
SAILING SPEED: The Hobie Tandem Island incorporates a boomless, roller-furling sail rig that provides plenty of sail area for top performance. The sailing rig is completely and easily manageable from the cockpit with a pull cord.
MAXIMUM STABILITY: Two amas extend to make the Tandem Island super stable at high speeds. The retractable amas fold up against the side of the boat for easy docking and maneuverability in tight areas, and to make the rig compact for transportation.
BUILT FOR TWO PEOPLE: The Tandem Island is an extension of the extremely popular Adventure Island single version. The Hobie Mirage Drives allow the boat to be pedaled by both “adventureres” while under sail. Or you can use the pedals with the sail furled. The Island is very fast, the tandem version extremely fast.
The Tandem Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a centerboard; oversized “Twist and Stow” rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama/Daggerboard Bag.
- All Lines and Hardware Plus Harken Blocks
- Deck-Mounted Crossbars
- Dual Rudder Deploy and Retract Controls in Front and Rear Cockpits
- Dual Steering
- MirageDrive 180
- Easily Retractable and Removable Amas
- Four Cup Holders
- Four Mesh Stowage Pockets
- Fully-Retractable, Kick-Up Centerboard
- Kick-up Centerboard
- Kick-up Island Rudder
- Large Bow Hatch
- Lowrance Ready
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Rear Cargo Area with Bungee Tie-Downs
- Roller-Furling Main Sail
- Steering Controls in Front and Rear Cockpits
- Three 8” Twist and Seal Hatches
- Two 2-Piece paddles with On-Aka Storage
- Front and Rear Mirage Drives (Click 'See it in Action' Below)
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Two-Piece Carbon Fiber Mast
- Vantage CT Seating
- Crew: 1-2
- Length: 18′ 6″ / 5.64 m
- Width: 30″ / .76 m
- Beam (Amas Folded In): 4′ / 1.22 m
- Beam (Amas Out): 10′ / 3.05 m
- Capacity: 600 lbs / 272 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 124 lbs / 56.25 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 190 lbs / 86.18 kg
- Mast Length: 18′ / 5.49 m
- Sail Area: 90 ft² / 8.4 m²
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Made In: U.S.A.