Hobie Cat 16 Catamaran Sailboat - 2017
Status: In Stock
Special Order Item: Allow 3-5 days for shipping from our warehouse.
Forget stuffy yacht clubs and overcooked nautical pageantry: The beach-launched Hobie 16 redefines international paradigms by offering high-performance sailing without the straw hats and stuffed shirts. The Hobie 16 uses a double-trapeze rig to tame its powerful sailplan, and its lift-generating asymmetrical fiberglass hulls eliminate the need for crew-work intensive daggerboards. The result is a sporty thrill machine that has introduced a myriad of sailors to evolving apparent-wind angles and multi-hull fun. More than a hundred thousand boats later, the Hobie 16 commands respect thanks to its ability to fly hulls and generate grins.
• Asymmetrically shaped fiberglass hulls eliminate daggerboards and facilitate easy beach launchings and landings
• Kick-up rudder system makes for easy landings on beaches and boat ramps
• Powerful, brightly colored Dacron mainsail and jib are race-ready and internationally iconic • Double-trapeze rig allows you to control the boat’s powerful sailplan
• Ball-bearing Harken blocks dramatically reduce line-handling friction
• Black anodized-aluminum spar is stiff and lightweight and features a Comptip mast for increased safety margin when sailing near power lines
• Elevated trampoline helps ensure a dry ride and great footing while weighting the trapeze wires • Carbon-fiber rudder foils are strong and lightweight
Crew: 1-4 Racing Crew: 2 Length: 16' 7" / 5.05 m Beam: 7' 11" / 2.41 m
Capacity: 800 lbs. / 362 kg
Weight: 320 lbs. / 145 kg Draft w/ Rudder Up: 10" / 0.25 m
Mast Length: 26' 6" / 8.07 m
Sail Area: 218 ft2 / 20 m2 Hull Construction: Fiberglass/Foam Sandwich
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.