Hobie Mirage Adventure Island Kayak
Status: In Stock
Special Order Item: Allow 3-5 days for shipping from our warehouse.
The Hobie Adventure Island is three boats in one!
Without the sail, amas and Mirage drive unit it’s a wonderful paddling kayak. With the Mirage drive unit only it’s our fastest single Mirage pedaling kayak. With the sail and ama package it’s a unique new boat unlike anything on the market! What the sail and ama package adds to the Adventure Island is speed and more speed. With its huge 57 sq ft sail the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is light-years faster than any sailing kayak.
The most unique feature about the sailing package is that the sail furls, or rolls up. As the wind speed increases the operator, from the seat while they’re sailing, can furl the sail up and make it smaller. This actually makes the boat faster (because of the reduced heel and drag) in heavy winds. The 9’ beam with the amas out makes the boat super easy to learn to sale because the boat is virtually un-tippable! In fact it’s so stable you can stand up in the boat and if you wanted to actually fly fish or spin cast. The Hobie Adventure Island is an entirely new water toy that might best be described as the Harley of the water. Get on one and go!
- Four Detatchable Akas with Carrying Bag
- Kick-up Centerboard
- Kick-up Island Rudder
- Lowrance Ready
- MirageDrive 180
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Roller-Furling Main Sail
- Two 8” Twist and Seal Hatches with Gear Bucket
- Two Color-Coordinated Amas
- Two Mesh-Covered Stowage Pockets
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage
- Vantage CT Seating
- Crew: 1
- Length: 16′ 7″ / 5.05 m
- Beam (Amas Folded In): 44″ / 1.12 m
- Beam (Amas Out): 9′ 6″ / 2.90 m
- Capacity: 400 lbs / 181.44 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 104.6 lbs / 47.45 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 142 lbs / 64.4 kg
- Mast Length: 16′ 6″ / 5.03 m
- Sail Area: 65 ft² / 6.04 m²
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Made In: U.S.A.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.