Get into kayak fishing, we'll show you how
The popularity of kayak fishing in Minnesota and the upper Midwest USA has exploded in the last 7 years! Fishing from a kayak has unique features and benefits that make it more exciting and versatile than other types of fishing. All anglers love trying the latest and greatest to improve results. Here's your chance to learn about and experience kayak fishing with direction from an expert kayak angler. You'll get out on the water and fish from top-of-the-line Hobie® Fishing Kayaks.
Learn the basics of kayak fishing and get on the water and experience it!
People new to the sport of kayak fishing have lots of questions. How to transport a yak, safety concerns, rigging, and more. You'll get a hands-on demonstration of basic kayak fishing gear and how to operate a fishing kayak. Then, you'll get in a fishing kayak and experience it on the water.
Outline of program:
- Meet at a lake close to White Bear Lake, MN. Time and location TBD.
- Basic presentation and demonstration of kayak fishing gear and kayaks. 20 minutes.
- On-the-water kayak fishing with help from an expert. 40 minutes.
- Question and answer session while we all pack up gear. 15 minutes.
What you need to bring:
- A rod and reel (or 2) and some basic tackle (artificial lures).
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- We supply pfds, kayaks and instructor.
- Friends or family – this is a great opportunity to share kayak fishing with them.
How to reserve a spot!
You'll be using the best fishing kayaks in the sport, Hobie Kayaks. You'll get a great introduction to, and experience live, what the sport has to offer. Reserve a spot for yourself, or gather a group to experience kayak fishing. We promise it will be fun and educational.
When: Tuesday evenings, 6:00pm at the lake. Groups will be able to schedule flexible times.
Dates: Program will be offered mid May through the end of September.
Cost: $15 per person, payable when dates and times are confirmed.
Sign up to get email news about our "Kayak Fishing, Get Into It" program. Reservations will start the end of April.